Tonight after Scott, Willie, and I wrapped up band practice we tried to play eerie, spooky chords. And Tanner played "Star Wars."
Jamming with those guys is so fun. Not the organ, but with bass n drum. :) I love that on many tunes, I just set down the guitar & sing. I don't get to do that enough.
We had a GREAT first gig not too long ago. Here's a small sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAR8kFmQh_Q
We will not gig again until Scott returns from Vegas, hitched no less. Speaking of, I get married in April. Woo hoo!! Someone who has known me for years recently said to me, "I CAN't believe YOU are getting married! I didn't think you were the marryin' type."
Now, I could take that really wrong....but I sincerely think he meant that with genuine compliments. Yea, that's right, I've never really been the "marryin' type"...me & my random travels, independent spirit, spontaneous out-of-state moves, and many-a-weekend of nothing but music.
What said friend & perhaps a few others never knew about me is that so many of those things stemmed from wondering who "the one" was going to be. Who my true companion was. Wondering when I'd finally meet him. After all, who can really write a good song when their love life is hunky dory? ;) Not I. I have no regrets in having a long, long singlehood period in my life. I feel very strongly that timing is everything, and even 2 years ago I wouldn't have wanted to settle down with anyone unless I knew with every bone in my body that he was the missing link. The only by-product of concern is that I will never be a young, hip mom. If anything I will be a mom with a hip replacement. Hahaha.
The beauty of it is that Tanner & I both have already lived rich lives as single people, and hopefully that will only add more to the marriage. Here's to life partners, significant others, and those still waiting for their perfect "timing." It'll come. Don't force it. Life has too many beautiful things to offer, and a partner to share it with is merely icing on the cake.
"Life has too many beautiful things to offer, and a partner to share it with is merely icing on the cake."
ReplyDeleteSo true...