I mean, come on, these days you have to have a password for your email, your Facebook, your Paypal, your ebay, your music website, your work email, your library code (for handy online reserve), oh and your EBSCO code for reading journals in college, your UCO student ID, your OCU ID (don't ask...yes, I'm going there now as well), your OG&E bill, your bank account, your ING, your Netflix, your credit card, your Southwest Airlines, your left nostril.....oh, oops, sorry I got carried away as I realized that this list truly never ends.
And I do quite well keeping it all down. Ok, so I get the OCU and the UCO numbers mixed up sometimes.
So you can understand that I finally dropped the ball. I wrote a few blogs & never wrote down the access information. "I've got it down," I suppose I thought. But, no, to my dismay, the urge to write a few thoughts over the past few months was quickly squashed when I couldn't log in to ThatCurlGirl.
You can bet your favorite Christmas sweater that I wrote it down now.
And if anyone has advice for dealing with this only-gonna-get-worse Post-Modern Problem, by all means, share.
My only solution is to keep a Word document with every password to my entire life written. Is that what you do, dear reader who must suffer from this same dilemma?
Of course, in the event that you have to call your fiance because for the first time in weeks you actually "shut down" your laptop (yes, I have it in Sleep Mode most of the time I am not using it) and hope to heavens HE may remember what your COMPUTER password is so you can log back on....well, your whole password list could be a giant wash anyway!
Geez, I'm too tired now to even write a REAL post. I have stories to tell....Margo & the Bookstore, Aubrey the Genius, My Surprise for Tanner, Winter Gardening for Dummies.....but I'll save that for another day since I can log back in again. Right? I saved it on my Word document . *looks at Word, breathes sigh* Ok, yeah, I will return.
And I wonder why I don't have anyone's phone number memorized anymore. Welcome to Life as We Know It.
G'night, Happy Password-Saving, and a Merry Christmas to all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment