1. I love making a to-do list on a small dry erase board. It's my new thing. I couldn't keep up with those stupid paper lists & besides, now I'm saving a tree, right? Ok, so not that much...
2. We got an above ground pool over the weekend...not talking huge, but not talking tiny either. Now, before you start thinking, "Wow, them there Hubberts-uh sure done good for themselves! Al-be-dern!"...you just know that you gotta work hard to achieve these goals. I am not in my 104th semester of higher learning for nothing, people!
3. The above ground pool is 3 1/2 feet deep. We don't have children. Yes, it was my next step after the dog chewed my kiddie pool. Yes, I did have a kiddie pool. And I loved it a lot. It will take time, but I will make room in my heart for the new one.
4. I finally got a few wedding photos framed. Just a few. And that was only because we had outta town guests & I had to make some quick "make our little bungalow seem a tad more homey" decisions. I still have SO much I want to order but the task is daunting to my wee brain.
5. The finale of the Bricktown fireworks show was super amazing last night! Kinda cerebral (does that mean kinda spooky/spacey/other-worldly? too lazy to look it up). See, there was zero wind & all the smoke stayed hovering, so when more lights flashed it had this eerie "peeking through the clouds" look. Neat.
6. I ran into a former student right as the finale ended. I had him as a 6th grader & now he's almost driving. He was just as sweet as ever. Moments like those are surreal when you are under the false pretense that you are still young & no where CLOSE to middle-aged. ;)
7. I just finished a thick book (due to being in bed a ton for pain that I promised not to talk about...) that was fascinating. Tanner & I enjoyed discussing the subject matter. I like when we take time to sit around & just have philosophical discussion. Moms, will he & I lose that when we have kids some day?
8. Speaking of kids, got a friend that should be having her baby this week. There are 2 ways she is going old school: 1. no predetermined birthday, no inducing, just good ol' fashioned water breaking at some unexpected moment. 2. they are not finding out the sex ahead of time. So, it's just all a big surprise....kinda fun. I will say that it has left a blank on what I want to buy her...I'm usually quite gender-specific in baby gifts.
That's a wrap. Yay, I do have other things to talk about! Was not really sure anymore. Toodles!
~Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment