Friday was jam-packed: picked up Lyndon, met Gena for lunch, stopped to visit with Grandpa, met back with G at the mall...Lyndon was a doll & went along with all the adventure. Sure, there were fussy times (and gassy times). However, Gena swooped in like the momma bird that she is and insisted on calming the baby. She is a natural, I tell ya. Although in retrospect...I attribute some of his tummy troubles to me (stupidly) having wasabi on my sushi and some tabasco on my chicken. Lisa, you are nursing...don't forget that when you are choosing what you eat!! I love Gena's kids.....Raegan & I enjoyed piecing together Lego people and Greyson had fun sneaking up on me. Greyson is such a sweet kid & sets a great example of the kind of little boy I hope to raise.
Tonight I played a gig that can often be annoying: it's a pub in Bricktown (enter: DB alert!) but I love this gig because there is little set up (they have an already-set PA) and pays well. The owner is so awesome in how he treats local musicians. To my surprise, Tanner came strolling in only because Lindy agreed to watch Lyndon for a while. The gig ended up being fun. Sure, the occasional annoying person that requests the same song (over & over) due to alcohol consumption overkill. But others strolled in that were there for the music, my music. That is something always so refreshing & humbling. Seriously, it's one thing to say it...but people who want to support your artistic endeavors are important. I may not be looking for a record deal, or even trying to play at the best places 'round here (anymore)...but I still love to get hired to share songs. How can a gal complain?
After the gig, Tan & I kept Lindy out much too late discussing dating/marriage and theology. I love when my husband and my lifelong friend can have deep discussion. It means the world to me. Lindy is such a wise soul, as is Tanner, and listening to them bounce ideas to and fro is enlightening to me.
Why do I always find out about your gigs too late? I need to know the next time you have a JJ's performance, because E and I haven't been out in like two months or something. How's my sweet Lyndon today? I love that kid.
ReplyDeleteLyndon had a great, busy day! We joined my siblings at New Hope and spent most of the day at my sister's. As you can note on my facebook page, Ryann took a LOT of Lyndon pictures... :) How about a double date where no one is playing a gig? That'd be fun!!
ReplyDelete