Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Songs for Lyndon

I make up approximately 32 songs per day. They are not too creative. They are usually 'stolen' melodies. But I'd make up 132 if it means I get to see my little boy's big, happy grin. He absolutely LOVEs to be sung to. Here are two that pop up a lot in our repertoire:

~Sung to "Edelweiss":

Lyndon James, Lyndon James
Every morning you greet me.
Soft & white, oh so bright,
You look happy to see me.
Blossom of snow* may you bloom & grow,
Bloom & grow forever.
Lyndon James, (Hubbert-named),
Bless my baby forever!

*I didn't change the original lyrics here because Lyndon actually IS a blossom of snow...his Great-Grandma (my mom's mom) is Grandma Snow. :)

And another....sung to "We Love You, Conrad" from Bye Bye Birdie:

We love you Lyndon, Oh yes we do.
Mommy & Daddy, we both love you.
When you aren't near us, we're blue.
Oh, Lyndon, we love you!

Yup, so there's just a taste of my daily entertainment. ;)
OH, and when I'm not singing, I've got my nose buried in The Help. Already love how much more story & detail the book goes in to than the movie. Very powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment