Someone close to me is about to "revisit" the institute of marriage. We all know someone giving it a second try. And while I am not blogging to discuss that, I just wanted to write down something she said to me just now that may be one of the best compliments my ears have heard.
"I really want what you and Tanner have."
No, it wasn't a statement of envy. Nor flattery. It was a statement of respect; I know this because I know this person so well.
She went on to say she didn't have good examples of what marriage is in her life & now she feels she does, and I am honored to be on that list.
What she may not know is that I had to find examples in my life as well, and I still look to them today.
She's smart, so she probably DOES know that this Hubbert marriage is young, terribly imperfect, and wonderful all the same.
Reminds us all that just "doing life" is one of the greatest impacts we can have on spreading love.
That's the goal. LOVE. :)
(and love=God) like you didn't know that already... :)
ReplyDelete