Well, let's see...tonight I played in the Bricktown Unplugged Festival. All proceeds go to the Alzheimer's Association and I love that! Sunday is the last day; that's tomorrow, peeps. So ya got one more day to check it out and Travis Linville is tomorrow afternoon. He rocks! (my plug to my 3 loyal readers...)
So, I had fun, didn't think I did super hot because they were filming & that always makes me overanalyze my lyrics, my tone, etc. But Kevin claims it's the best he's ever heard me. (He's a also a very loyal friend, so who knows?)
Tan & I used one of the last restaurant.com coupons we'll probably ever have (thanks, Steve & Laura!) because there seems to be a hitch with most of them these days. "Oh, sorry, we don't take those anymore..."
But they took it at Brix & we dined like royalty on a Chili's-esque kinda tab. Not that Brix is fancy cuisine. It's a frickin' sports bar with about 30 TVs and about 15 Lazy Boys....seriously. But they do make a delicious steak so we both ordered the best they had.
After that we mosied over to the Mantel. My friend Camille Harp was playing. And I mean friend in the sense that tho we don't get to see each other outside of gigs often, we always have great conversation when we do & I think she is a genuine, fun gal with a beautiful voice to boot. We didn't stay long...Tanner felt stuffed. The stuffed where ya just wanna hang out at home in your pjs. :)
What else? I start my classes this week. I am so pumped to finally have my advisor/department chair for an actual class. This woman is about as golden as they come and I can't wait to learn from her. She has her heart & her head in the right place when it comes to child advocacy & I have a feeling she is going to teach me so very much. I also start a class called ABA that I anticipate will be very hard. It begins a 5-class group that I will do over the next two years that specifically explores autism. I'll be getting a specialization in it when all is said & done. I'll also be serving clinical hours for the class. I'm nervous about that. I feel very comfortable with the population I've been serving for a while (teens, home life strife, mild disabilities, social/life skills-centered) but elementary-aged autistic children will be a new experience for me.
And of course it is back-to-school season...which also means birthday season! I've already got a double date on my Bday night (after I get outta class at 7:15!) and my friend Sarah just asked if she could treat me to sushi the night before...well, of course!
I've read so many books this summer, and as soon as I finish this post up, I'll start a new one tonight. Just finished a suspense-filled book called "Secrets of Eden" and although it was well-written throughout, I felt the author let me down at the end. It was the whole "let's twist this just to twist it" kinda ending that I didn't feel was warranted due to the lack of any decent foreshadowing. Now I'll read a no-brain, summer romance just to say goodbye to summer. Of course it is called, "A Summer Affair." (yes, I know you must underline for book titles; I loved that portion of 6th grade English...but I just don't care in the blog. Capeesh?)
The last 4 books I've 'rented' have all been librarian recommendations. I figured there is no one better to ask! I tried to verbalize the types of books I was looking for. But that is like trying to describe your "perfect man" long before you've ever met him (yes, cuz we all find someone perfect in the end, right? heehee). You really have no idea what you are wanting until you dive in & invest some of your time/energy.
And unlike life partners, you need not settle for one book. Read several at a time for the rest of your life if you want! :)
~That CurlGirl
No comments:
Post a Comment