Friday, May 6, 2011

Yes, it's 3:45 am...

I am merely blogging as I wait for my pain relief medicine to kick in. I am experiencing pain lately that I can't talk about here. I still am convinced that only a handful of people read this, all women, but it IS the internet, after all. I'll only say that those of you withOUT curves have it way better than you could ever know!

Anyhoo, Lyndon has been so fussy over the past 48 hours. Poor buddy. I suspect his little digestive system is giving him pain. The nurse is having me eliminate all dairy to see if we can rule that out. Man o man, how I miss cheese, milk, yogurt. This sucks. But I'll do anything to find out if there is a little issue creeping up for my precious boy.

This afternoon I had the worst breakdown I've had as a new momma. I don't know who was crying harder--Lyndon or Lisa. ;) Granted, I am sure part of my tears were just needed from me...I took my last final that morning after cramming the night before (I am still SO thankful my momma kept the baby that night...I would've failed the test without that, no doubt). My body is just worn out! And it just hurt my heart so bad to see Lyndon crying (hard) tears that I couldn't soothe. Diaper change, check. Fed, check. Bouncing around, check. I am glad I called my momma again; my sister & mom swooped down to the city faster than you can say Edmond, Oklahoma. Those two ladies may not "get" me in many, many ways...but I'm finding that now that I am a mom, they are extremely understanding & helpful. After all, this IS their area of expertise! And surely not mine! I mean, I've got all those baby books....but who the heck has time to READ that crap when you are tired, studying for school, and breastfeeding? Seriously? :)

My other noteworthy Lyndon mention here is this....he fussed & did not sleep all day. His daddy got him to sleep at 6:30 pm. Then I kid you not, that boy slept 7.5 hours!! I kept staying awake thinking he'd start crying at any moment, ready to eat. Finally, by 11:30, I fell asleep. I awoke at 1:30 & realized he STILL had not woken up (sometimes Tanner does an expressed bottle at night, but the bottle was untouched). Ok, getting close to 8 hours for a 4 week old? That scared me. I mean, he was breathing, he looked content, he even had a cute baby snore going on....but I wasn't sure if it was SAFE for an itty bitty baby to go that long without feeding.

Hence, my first "after hours" med call. Question: Do I wake him up?

By the time the triage nurse returned my call, Lyndon had squirmed & I got him up to feed. He didn't cry at all. He just drank & basically went back to sleep! Nurse lady said everything sounded fine, but if he sleeps past 6 hours again it may be good to wake him. Then again, we both laughed about the fact that it is a BLESSING to have them sleep so well at night.

Only wish I'd had known at 6:30 pm that he'd be asleep so long...momma would've gotten a LONG nap. Ugh.

Night-night. Or whatever time of day/night it is. Does it really matter to a new mom? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment