He enjoys picking out presents & prides himself on his good taste (which he definitely has). Being that my birthday has always fallen on the first week of school spectrum, it's usually a busy time & I never truly expect people to remember, let alone get me a gift.
However, I did think of something: I wanted a new backpack to go to class in for this semester (and the endless semesters to follow). And Tanner sure delivered! He got me an awesome one. He gave it to me one day early since I had class tonight.
Boy, getting back into the "school world" is weird after my summer home with Lyndon. I was honestly not too keen on the idea, but tonight wasn't so bad. This semester includes a brutal statistics class & an in-the-field experience (ie, practicum) and I think I will learn a lot. That is the great thing about school....you can never get too high on your high horse because you always find out that there are still so many things you don't know.
I suppose I found that out starting with the first day of kindergarten.
So Happy First Day to the kindergartens, the new college co-eds, the adults going back to pursue things (like almost-33 me), and everyone in between!!
Well, you and I are both 33 now! Yay to the identical birthdays. Happy birthday Lisa!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Erick!! Mark August 25, 2012 now...dinner for the 4 of us. Gena & Tanner get to do all the clean up. ;)
ReplyDelete