And here it is Monday night & I am feeling the pressure up to my neck with all the things I got going on. Mind you, I know I create these conundrums, but everything is with purpose. Either to pay the bills, finish my schooling, or just cherishing a friend...I only say YES when it is a priority.
But today, after testing a client & picking up my boy (who had puked at school), and then coming home to messes...I felt stressed. Testing a client involves much more than just the actual administration of tests. (That is actually the easier part). My sweet husband is building me a website & needs my input on the content. My friend & I have a wedding booked and we need to get things worked out with the bride. Gotta follow up on some other music-related things. Gonna record a childrens' album this spring. Followed up with a 'library tour' for a show we have yet to write. Ahhh, sweet stress!
Went to the gym to just stretch, think, absorb. Then back home to hit the grindstone. And take 10 minutes to write the blog that I MUST use for accountability if this minimalism thing is gonna stick.
But then I peeked at sweet little boy. He's not sick, BTW. Just a combination of prunes from yesterday & some tummy-jostling led them to think so at first. :)
When he is sleeping curled up with his lovey & looking so peaceful, the love that overflows from my heart reminds me that I do it all for him. For our family. And if I ever become the so-called "super-mom" that tries to do it all, so help me.
Taking time to play with him, four on the floor, no phone in sight, is the BEST. I must make that the priority over all.
No comments:
Post a Comment