Monday, January 2, 2012

Music is Good for the Soul

It comes in waves. I'll sit down and commit to charting/learning a song I've always meant to. This is rare. So I went with the energy when I decided I was going to learn, "Making Pies" by Patty Griffin. I truly think it may be the most heartwrenching, beautiful folk song I know. You may need to check it out RIGHT now:



If this is your first Patty Griffin experience, I now welcome your ears to the most prolific, gifted living songwriter (IMHO). I know I am not alone in that sentiment.

I'm gonna perform "Making Pies" at my gig tonight....Picasso's at 8pm....Yea, I am NOT a Picasso fan but I'm giving it another go (read my old blog about their past musical sins) mainly because my bud Casey is doing Acoustic Oklahoma there.

And here's some more Patty because this one always gets me, too:



I was thinking about the lyrics while in the shower. Yes, that is a mother's best thinking place. ;)

Forty years go by with someone laying in your bed
Forty years of things you say you wish you'd never said
How hard would it have been to say some kinder words instead
I wonder as I stare up at the sky turning red.


I love these lines & will take it as a good reminder to be good to my spouse as we venture into 2012 together. One year at a time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment