Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Minimalism #7

Again, Saturday night came 'round and I had not gotten rid of anything...except the mounting pile of schoolwork that was stressing me!

So, as I sat on the bed of our newly-restored (ie, cleaned out) guest room--which is where I am doing homework these days because now I can actually get to our printer-- I noticed a very cluttered bookshelf. I knew it was mostly my junk and not only could I get it clean...I could throw out more clutter & meet my weekly goal!

Man, the weekly goal thing is GREAT for me. A little project like that would get overlooked & forgotten so fast. But I had this nagging sense of urgency to do SOMEthing to minimize for the week.

Thus, I cleaned & decluttered an entire bookshelf, found a book I may wanna read, found a book a friend had loaned over a year ago (and I promptly called to say I had it & would be returning it soon...he wasn't even worried).

Try it. Set a weekly goal. Then even the smallest of projects feel rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment