Tuesday, April 10, 2012

april chaos

I need to write this down here so that I can "allow myself" to be okay with the fact that I must freeze my weekly projects for the month of April.

We are coming off a whirlwind of a weekend: Lyndon's 1st birthday, Easter, studying (sorta), relatives in town, and top it off today with Tan & I's anniversary. (**more on that later).

As I look at my syllabi for my courses & scratch my head in wonder of how I am ever on this earth find the time to complete papers & projects...I must officially take a hiatus on Minimalism 2012 til that last final is taken. May 2nd, it's on!!! I will jump back into this self-proclaimed duty with a BIG purge! Can't wait!

Did I mention on this blog (that no one reads) that I am pregnant again? Yea, there's that, too. My headaches, nausea, and lethargic days are high. Seriously, did I just get super lucky with my first pregnancy? All I dealt with then was light nausea and a sciatic nerve!

**Ok, so today I commemorate the day Tanner & I took the big leap. April 10, 2010, really was a gorgeous day. And it's the day my "new" life began! I won't talk all butterflies & lilies and say it has been day after day of endless bliss. (ha!) But I will say that Tan and I make a pretty dern good team.

It's not a grand, romantic love song when you talk about true love. Poetry & music are wonderful, but let's talk about daily living. Love is a whole lotta little things strewn together....when you look up, you have a gorgeous tapestry.

Case in point, two nights ago (Easter & our baby's bday) we were wrapping up the busy, busy day. I was feeling just plain awful. My headache was at a peak and the fact that I had gotten about 4 hrs sleep (no exaggeration) the night before was catching up with me.

Tan's brother called around 6 pm with a very out-of-the-ordinary proposal: He had scored some CLUBhouse Thunder tickets, no fee to Tanner...game was starting right then. Tanner didn't even flinch. I heard him quietly say as he stepped out of the room, "Lisa isn't feeling well, I need to stay here with the boy. Sorry, Jason."

How my heart did melt in that instant.

Of course I couldn't let him do that. "Tanner, if you wanna go, by all means GO! I can manage."

He looked at my sincerely, "Are you SURE? I don't think that's a good idea..." To give ya the Cliff's Notes, I talked him into it. And I am so glad I did.

Now, my hubs is a smart man. However, he married a smart woman. ;) I'd spot reverse psychology in a heartbeat, and he meant what he said in that first response to his brother. That's love, folks.


1 comment:

  1. so sweet!
    Happy 1st Birthday Lyndon!!
    Happy Anniversary Lisa and Tanner!!
    We love you all!

    ReplyDelete