But I've played that game too much the past few weeks. Realizing after the fact that I did indeed purge something.
No, starting anew, it needs to be an activity that was done with conscience effort.
Oh, alas!! I can justify something!! Before I get too nit-picky with myself, how could I forget when it is staring me in the face!! :)
We have a "front table" as we call it; it sits right by the front door. Junk tends to multiply in the lone drawer. Coupons, mail we "might need" later, marriage license(s), winter gloves, insurance cards, gum wrappers, paper clips, expired coupons, TONS of address labels all those nonprofits send ya, stamps.
The list goes on. About every 3 months, we realize we can no longer smoothly close said drawer. And, yes, important stuff ends up lost among total clutter.
So...when I needed Lyndon's SS card the other day, I knew that drawer could be harboring it. Thus, I began dumping the content & I ended up doing a drawer purge! I did something for my year goal!
I guess most importantly, I de-cluttered the front drawer. The Hubbert home is still quite messy these days (and, yes, I will blame it on my everyday sickness, constant homework, and finding time with Lyndon to be more important...because obviously I am a justifier & blamer on many fronts, heehee) but darn it, we have a newly-organized drawer!
No comments:
Post a Comment