And although I didn't get any actual decorations this time around....(the fact that our garage sale crap is still littering the driveway/porch is scary enough)...I did purchase some blacklight bulbs & put them on the porch ceiling fan. Kinda creepy at night!
Of course, another sign fall is truly here is the fact that on Saturdays I have many loved ones that morph into different creatures. That is, Game Day completely inhabits their bodies. Ok, I cheer for both OU & OSU...I say "cheer" loosely because I often a)don't know what time either is playing b)don't know WHO they are playing and c)didn't attend either university. (there's a 10% chance I will study for my doctorate at OSU someday...)
Yet, it IS fun to hear one of your state teams is ranked #1. And I love that OSU has been on a huge winning streak. So, I say to my football-fanatic friends & fam: I truly am sorry about both losses yesterday. Ouch.
Just please don't get DEPRESSED over it. I actually know a few peeps that you don't even talk to for a few days after a loss. They have to reflect & have proper mourning time. Wow, imagine if people got that passionate about their God...or their principles...or civil rights. I guess a game where big burly men are scrambling for a leeetle bitty pigskin is just more...emotional. ;)
I jest. It's part of the fun of living in Oklahoma.
But here I am, typing in bed, eating some Raisin Bran, and delaying the fact that I've got MIDTERMS to study for today. Arrrgghh! I really love learning. Yet studying solely for the purpose of regurgitating it onto a scantron has never been interesting. Ah well, the hoops ya gotta jump...
Happy Sunday!
Hey Gail. I love your preggo blogs and all of your rants about football. You know I'm with you on that one! Love you.
ReplyDelete