Of course, we passed a Braum's soon (and at least 7 more between Ardmore & OKC) and I got my fix. But the reality is that I wasn't even hungry. Just wanted it on a whim. I had already been to a DQ earlier that day. ;)
So...I seriously love the indulging lifestyle that your psyche automatically acclimates to when you learn you are "eating for two." But I don't anticipate a lot of joyous days of summer if I am trying to work off 70 extra pounds. :)
I did enjoy all the yummy snacks at the Halloween party. (hey, a gal's gotta find SOME kind of guilty pleasure to overindulge in at a house party, right?) There was guac, spinach-artichoke dip, pizza rolls, meatballs, cheesecake, various yummy homemade dips. Yup, other than my Whoopie Cushion debut, the highlight of my wild party night was trying dips. I will admit that it is quite fun to sit back & observe others who are overindulging in other ways. But truly not enough drama there, either. So this pregnant Whoopie Cushion retired to bed in the midst of the party (we were staying with the hosts) and went off to dreamland while the speakers loudly boomed a Pandora station--early 90s rap. I think I had dreams about the Humpty Dance and Rob Bass. Ah, well.
Thanks for a great weekend of Halloween-Texas style-Abe & Steph!
You may not be able to not indulge in what you want...the long you let it go...the more you will want it! At least that is what i found. I time...i went to bueno and go a black bean burrito...i kid you not...i had to go back several hours later for another one because i just couldn't stop thinking about one...and i wasn't hungry either!!
ReplyDeleteI know, Jenn. It's like once something is on the brain, you HAVE to have it. I hope that part doesn't follow me into postpartum!
ReplyDelete