Monday, November 8, 2010

I love Monday this time 'round

Yeah, a lot of my obligations cancelled on me today....but I really enjoyed that because I got to have guilt-free 'me' time. I got to go to the park with Laura & Connor. I got lay in bed when my tummy hurt instead of "pressing on" through daily tasks. I can't lie, since preggo status I have way more guilt-free downtime. I remind myself that the baby WANTS me to rest. ;)

Discovered a great channel--34.2--for us non-cable people. I am determined to be a non-cable for as long as I can. Not just because it's silly expensive when I've found most people watch the major networks anyway. But it's true--TV rots your brain, and I try to contain the rotting to just a few prime choices. :) I digress. CoolTV is an HD channel on regular TV. Tons of 80s video. At this moment, I'm watching "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Before that, saw the following: George Michael, Scorpion, Brandi Carlile (ok, not all 80s...but cool current stuff, too), and Warrant. Fun nostalgia! Crazy outfits! Untamed hair!

Tanner & I had a lovely 36 hours in Prague. We caught zero fish but it didn't matter. This week I look forward to-

-chipping a little more away at the Great Organization (aka prepare to start a nursery) project of Winter '10/'11.

-NOT going to class Wednesday. I love this so much more than I can explain.

-playing music for the kiddos of Children's Hospital on Thursday.

-baby shower Friday morn where I'll see some gals that I don't spend near enough time with.

-getting our rental car & leaving for St. Louis on Friday! I have not traveled far (not counting Rhome, Texas) since becoming preggo...so this is a big deal. This is coming from a gal who used to get restless if there was not a flight booked at least every 3 months to do something random. So, life's pace has changed a tad & I'll get excited just for a 7 hr drive to Missouri.

And that sums up the week. I'll watch my cousin get married and then come home to start a new week....and NEXT week is super super exciting for me. Can't WAIT!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I CAN NOT WAIT for next week. I'm crossing my fingers for a ...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming next week is...find out what baby hubbert is?? How i can't wait either?? What day do you go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go Tuesday morn. Ok, girls, I am SAYING this now...we're gonna TRY to contain the secret info for just a while. However, you know I have a giant mouth & when I get excited I'm like that Kristin Wiig character on SNL (you know the one? she smashes things on her head when she can't keep a secret).

    That being said, there's an 87% chance you will know next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ONLY 87%...you're killing me ;) But i respect your decision! When you are ready to let people know...i'm ready to know! :)

    ReplyDelete