Monday, March 14, 2011

countdown...

31 days til my due date. Whoa.

I filled out my pre-admission hospital form last night. Guess I will pack a little bag this week. It's Spring Break in my world (I will forever live by a "kid calendar" since I'll always either be a student or work in schools). I have so many things I am hoping to tackle this week!

However, Monday--first official day off--the focus will be celebrating a very special friend's birthday. We wanted to do the zoo--her 18-month old will be joining us--but looks like it'll be too cold and/or wet. So we'll start with a Panera breakfast & then do whatever she wants next.

Last night Tanner & I had a great date night. Originally, we were gonna see a movie, but we both lost interest--and then we picked Chuck E Cheese. I always save their coupons in case we get the random urge for skee ball & old 80s arcade games. (Chuck E's has done little update since I was a kid). However, on the way there, we passed what used to be Incredible Pizza. I didn't realize it had been replaced already, though I knew it was gone.

It's now Gatti Land...which, to me, seemed much more promising, as I knew the Mr. Gatti chain (you'll find them in Texas) had good pizza. We enjoyed a good buffet for $6.99 a piece. (twas much better than IP). Then we bought token cards--right now pay $10 and get $11.50's worth. We did a round of putt putt, played lots of arcade games, skee balled, and had a good ol time. If I do the math of what we would've spent on our original dinner & movie plan, this was a tad cheaper and much more fun. I told Tan I want to do it just ONE more time before baby. We've worked really hard at conserving money because our current situation demands it---but nights like this are important, I believe, once & again.

Speaking of conserving, dear friend G told me about her potential plans to forego cable & home phone. I say go for it! Tanner & I have neither and don't even miss them for a minute. Cable packages will be obsolete in another year or so. I can't imagine how much $$ they add up to after a year's time. I haven't lived in a home with cable in about 7 years! And I still know what goes on in the world! ;)

I do not claim to be any less addicted to stupid TV...we watch things online & there's plenty o' trash on network TV...but I would imagine slimming down your options at the touch of a button is a bit better on the brain. Sometimes, the only decent choice is a documentary on PBS, and I like that. Besides, Facebook is my addiction...do I really need another? ;)

3 comments:

  1. We don't have cable either! :) And don't miss it...we hooked up our computer to our tv and stream everything its great! We do have cheap phone service but only for our alarm system.

    31 days...it will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we can do it. I get a tad nervous thinking about those few things that I watch that will never be able to be streamed or watched. I guess being nervous is the first sign of an addiction, huh? We can't wait for that baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admittance, first sign. And you are doing it! ;) heehee.

    Seriously, you can find ANY show your heart could ever desire...hulu, Netflix, usually the network website (I watched a stupid Lifetime movie on their site last night). I'd suggest subscribing to Netflix if u already haven't. For like $8 you can have unlimited streams of TONS of TV & movie.

    Dude, I can't wait for baby. Tanner put up the crib last night!

    ReplyDelete