Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Night Class

Tanner & I had a Child Care class tonight.

**by the way, this is unofficially a "countdown to baby" & all things prenatal kinda blog for the next month...you are allowed to move forward if this bores you, I just wanna look back on a journal of it all someday** :)

That reminds me: 43 days til my due date!

Anyway, I gave Tanner the "free pass" for us to leave the class early. It was to last until 9:30...and Tanner has not sleep well at all for 2 nights now. I thought he was gonna fall asleep in his lunch today when I went to meet him at noon!

Honestly, I already knew from a previous class that they were most likely not gonna teach us anything that we didn't already know from: a) friends & fam, particularly since I've been a very involved aunt of 3 little girls! or b) the plethora of baby books I've checked out from the library.

I just like to go to the classes for a bit of visual/hands-on learning & to hear other questions new moms are bouncing around. BUT I wasn't up for sitting still in a hard chair for a long time myself. ;)

Yet Tanner didn't ever try to get us to leave. In fact, he did two things that I was quite proud of: 1. He swaddled & diapered our fake baby way better than me.
2. He called out the douche-wad that kept leaving his wife/girlfriend alone during the key hands-on parts....not to mention took a few opportunities to publicly jab his (future) mother-in-law.

Let me just explain, the guy was wearing one of those "sweat proof" athletic-type shirts with some grey slacks. Already a strike, right? Then he pulled out his iPhone & just surfed the net the WHOLE time the teacher showed slides & lectured. That was when he was IN the room. He mostly just got up & left.

I didn't hear the "make fun of my baby momma's momma" time because I went to the bathroom (for the 32nd time). But Tanner was talking about how sorry he felt for the girl because her face turned red.
Tanner is gonna be a good daddy, I can tell.

I will spare the details here of how all the poop/snot talk kinda left me thinking, "What in the WORLD have we gotten ourselves into??"
It's not so much the yuck factor. It's more of the...how in the world do I always know what to do? Can I read the right signals when he's sick/tired/hungry? How will I know if he is in true danger?

It ain't rocket science...right? Come on, my next door neighbor's 16-yr-old granddaughter who used to constantly sneak out her window (or have boys sneak in) manages to keep her now-toddler baby healthy/safe. Not saying that things are ideal over there on the ghetto side of my casa, but when I occasionally see that little girl, she appears to be happy & healthy in the basic sense. SURELY I can do this!
**note to teen girls: studies show sneaking out/having boys sneak in leads to a baby.

Ok, nighty-night!

2 comments:

  1. funny!! cody is way better at swaddling and giving baths then i am. are you taking the all day birthing class?? that was a fun one (okay...not really...you may have already taken it ;)

    ReplyDelete