Monday, February 28, 2011

Tomorrow March Begins...

...which most likely marks the last (full) month of not being a mother. As in, April marks the first month of, yes, the beginning of a new era for me--- motherhood. As in, there will be a little life that I've been bestowed the God-given responsibility of teaching, loving, nurturing, comforting...wow, I could analyze this some more & make it seem like it is the most amazing thing on the planet.

But it happens every minute, every day, right?

Yet...it's still pretty much the most amazing thing on the planet.

As I write this, I watch my abdomen "roll" around & move on it's own. Yup, still pretty much the most amazing thing on the planet.

Tonight I had a tiny scare that really wasn't all that scary. I called my nurse to explain a few symptoms I was experiencing & she had me go to Labor & Delivery at the hospital just to have a quick test done to make sure there was not a rupture. I am 33 1/2 weeks, so definitely don't want to be starting the labor process just yet.

I went, called Tanner to keep him in the loop, got checked out...and I'm fine. I remained calm. This is good news for me. I am very anxiety-prone when it comes to my health. I am quite a nurturer when it comes to someone else experiencing a medical issue...when it comes to myself, I worry too easily. I am working on this. I've learned that it is probably because I lose a sense of control that I like to have. In somatic situations, I need to learn to trust more.

Yet today, there was a sense of peace. I knew that everything was most likely fine. I was just following my OB nurse's advice & taking care of my baby. Now I can sleep tonight knowing that everything is ok. Naw, I don't have all the baby gear yet, the room is not finished, still have some baby care & breastfeed classes, still not sure if I even CAN breastfeed, not certain about the financial details of everything before baby comes....but I know baby is growing just fine inside of me. And that makes all else irrelevant to this momma. Yup...this momma. I'm gonna be one of those. Weird!

Yeah, new life. It's pretty much the most amazing thing on the planet.

1 comment:

  1. you are right...really nothing else matters except the health of the baby (and the momma)...everything else falls into place when its supposed to! And i'm so excited about Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete