Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hey, Happy Chinese New Year!

Yup, it's midnight & only because I have a few near and dears that honor the Chinese Lunar Calendar...I know a few of my friends are currently toasting their bubbly & wishing in the "new year." Awesome!

I will end this day quickly with a 'grateful' list:

I am grateful for...
1. hot, running water
2. hot husband...who goes under the house 4 times in subzero temperatures to fix a pipe problem & never complains once. oh, AND it worked! yeah!
3. dear friends that I got to spend a lot of time chatting with on the phone today. we rarely do this in our busy lives...but today there was a collective sigh & a lot of fun telephone banter. texting & facebook do not compare :)
4. love. i feel love in my life on many levels, from unborn children to family to spouse to friends to students to neighbors. love is great.

And I close by saying Tanner & I just did something really odd but fun. He's been out in the (detached) garage doing some laundry, playing with our doggies, AND watching a movie (yes, it's an official man cave out there). Being that I am not stepping FOOT near the ice as long as I'm carryin' a baby...I called him to tell him something quickly. I am certain it was some mundane, married domestic thing...I can't even recall it now. And for some reason, we just started having a wonderful conversation. It was about life, family stuff, childhood stuff, space, psychology. I mentioned that it suddenly felt like we were dating again; I even felt a few little butterflies. He said some very sweet things about some of the thoughts he had while we were dating. (I think I blushed once). And, ladies, once the guy officially 'has' you and he's no longer trying to 'chase' you with sweet nothings...it feels very amazing when they share these sort of things. You know they are 100% coming from the bottom of his heart. Pretty awesome.

I think we talked for 45 minutes until he finally came inside & we hung up our respective phones to laugh. I think 2 straight days of being literally "trapped" inside together is not supposed to leave you feeling giddy about your spouse. Especially when you have financial woes, crazy hormones, frozen pipes, and uncertain weeks ahead.

Whatever we are doing right, I want to hold it close. This is nice.

G'night. :)


3 comments:

  1. i love this! you guys are adorable. baby boy hubbert is a lucky fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! I loved getting to talk to you too! Can't wait to meet that little man of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda~ thanks :) I just checked out your brand new blog & I'm intrigued! I am not the best blog-keeper-upper or commenter, but I will add that one in hopes that I remember to check it!

    Jenn~ Thanks for the comment, you are my rock in the blog world. :) I need to go on your blog more because just looking at a picture of Micah can make any day happy. I'm not kidding, that kid is cuter than cute!

    ReplyDelete