It's not Lyndon at all. Like I mentioned prior, he is SUCH a good baby thus far. It is ME. Prior to pregnancy, I already had insomnia. And when I'm excited about something, or nervous, or happy...sometimes I want to lay in bed and THINK instead of SLEEP. Heck, that is why I even started writing songs so many years ago---sleepless nights! Thus, the hardest thing about a newborn is myself!!
But last night I caved and just took a (or rather 1.5) Tylenol PMs. Worked like a charm! I got two 3-hour pockets of sleep. This is heaven compared to 30 minutes!! I still know I need to take it easier than I have been. My friends are AWESOME & get that and have been texting instead of calling so that I don't use my speaking voice. I want them to hang out so bad, but they know better than I that I'd ramble on and end up losing my voice yet again. My friends really, really get me. (Funny, it's the acquaintances in my life that are more persistent about trying to come over & what-not...and I'd much rather talk to my close friends!)
So, anyway, with newfound energy....and less crying from lack of sleep...I feel like a better momma. Tan & I gave Lyndon his first little bath in the sink. No soap, just a little cloth & water action to ward off the spit up. It was fun!
Now, being the good girl I am trying to be, I will shut this down & go get a nap while baby sleeps! Here's to more & more sleep so I get better & better at this job!
You are a great momma! You should start adding pictures to your blog ;) Just sayin..hehe! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great! The lack of sleep is one of the hardest parts, but it will get better very quickly. Hang in there. He is so precious, by the way. We are just so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeletehey morgandi, just seeing your comment...thank you!
ReplyDelete