Friday, April 22, 2011

Enjoying the Outdoors

I am typing this from my porch while Tanner & Kevin plant multiple goodies in our garden. We now have a raised garden to go along with our traditional garden. Tonight we've got carrots, tomatoes, okra, cucumbers, jalapenos, and bell peppers going in! We already had a few different varieties of onions. Finally....my dream: A little family & a plentiful garden. ;) (we'll see what actually comes to fruition with the garden!)

It is true...I recall living in Austin for one lonely year. I believe it would've been 2003. I say 'lonely' because though I was in one of the most amazing US cities (in my opinion)...I was not living the life I truly wanted. Granted, I was young, naive, and barely aware of what I really wanted in life. I didn't have many relationships while there, particularly outside of the really unhealthy dating one I was involved in. Yet I would drive through one of my favorite little neighborhoods--Bryker Woods--and imagine the little life I wanted for myself: a charming little cottage home, a wonderful & amazing husband, maybe a little bambino or two, and a plentiful garden. Really, that was what I considered to be "the good life." I was in the beginning stages of playing music, and dating someone that was truly chasing the dream (& quite talented I should add)...but the woman working in her little garden, that was what truly seemed like the ideal life to me. Perhaps it was that dream that led me back to my good ol' hometown (or at least near it) where I had wonderful relationships...and little did I know a wonderful husband that I was waiting to meet.

And now I sit here looking at all the green plants, and watching the baby monitor to see if my precious little bambino is about to stir, and realize that I have it all. This is the good life.

Happy Good Friday, Happy Earth Day....enjoy a wet Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment