And here I sit for a very quick write up on night 2 of Back Home with Lyndon. Tanner & I make a great tag team thus far. I (try to) stay in bed for most duties since I was told at Mercy that I was trying to be too active too soon post-surgery. I just say Tanner's name & he hears it in the baby monitor, and he promptly comes to the bedroom to get Lyndon for a diaper change. Seriously, Tanner has the changes down to an art form. Then he brings baby back for me to feed. And though we hit a few recent feeding snags, I think they are getting hammered out & breastfeeding (BF) is going quite well.
Lyndon had been the apple of the lactation specialist's eye at Mercy, but that was before the monumental milk arrival. The ball game changed then. :) I know now why they say BF is a commitment. I honestly don't know how women who work full time even attempt to pull it off!
Tanner's mother is ready to help us at any moment's notice, and today she took me on my first postpartum outing. Specialty bra store & Target for nursing tanks. (Again, BF is an all-consuming commitment). Those errands were enough to exhaust me. Not to mention we both could not help but miss Lyndon. We made a quick Sonic drink run & headed home to see how the boys were doing. Ya know, I didn't doubt Tanner being on his own for a second. He's already such a good daddy & if anything, I predict he'll be the logical, discerning parent when it comes to the initial newborn scares that new parents all deal with. I'll be the nut case. Haha.
Ok, that's it for my little journal log. Gonna go back to shut the ol' eyes. I am sure another feeding is just around the corner. And we gotsta be extra diligent because at 8:45 this morn Lyndon will see his pediatrician. I've been a good little momma & have logged all his feeds & poos...now we just hope that the doctor tells us all is going well with baby boy thus far.
One thing is for sure: Lyndon has the sweetest little temperament. I hesitate to gloat too much because I may jinx it, but he just goes with the flow in most situations. Perhaps it may help that Tanner & I are flooding him with kisses every 5 minutes? Who knows! But keep it up, baby boy! Your mother & father appreciate your calm nature more than you could ever know!!
yay! i'm so glad everything is going so well...including bf! how did your doctors appt go??
ReplyDeletei will write a blog with the answer! :) thanks4 reading....and kiss lil jack for me!!
ReplyDelete