Friday, November 5, 2010

17 weeks!

Yes, today marks 17 weeks of being impregnated. Not a particularly significant portion of it I suppose....however, it is worthy to note that my energy level & overall 'feeling good' level increased dramatically about 1 week ago. Guess those silly little pregnant people books hold some worthwhile info.

I actually felt spot-on GOOD while playing a fun gig at Full Circle last night. Fun crowd, too! And since I feel a teeny bit like my old self, I'm more prone to adventure...

We are about to head to Prague....our little retreat when we just want to get away for a day/night. My aunt & uncle so generously gave me a key to the 'river house' they have on one of their fishing/cattle properties. It is in the middle of nowhere. The house is cute & clean & always stocked with fresh linens, toiletries, and coffee. And has a 50+ year old double oven that I can't even describe correctly, but it's the coolest thing I've ever cooked on. Oh, and the cows are always greeting us by the back porch in the morning. Forget the TV (because it don't work, yo)...coffee is best sipped while staring out at a large grassy field with lots of cows and birdies.
Sometimes we actually get around to fishing while we are there. ;)

5 comments:

  1. ....and sometimes little guitar players are impregnated....

    Did I just say that? Just kidding of course. Enjoy your book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that you used "impregnated"...your little get away sounds super fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gena & Jenn..... I love you both dearly. And not just because you are the two sole commenters on my blog. haha.

    hey, will either of you be at Rebecca's shower on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be there! Is she registered?

    ReplyDelete