Thursday, June 30, 2011

bloggin...should be joggin

A recent post I read rang to the tune of: Blogs make me feel bad about myself (not cool enough, not thankful enough, not inspiring enough).

I want to tell her that many of us who blog are merely just journaling for our own benefit. Beit narcissim for the fact that it's online, but it's just the current way many of us journal.

I know I have 3 readers. I probably have 5 if you add in the people that don't comment. But that is not the point for me. I don't sit down with pen & paper anymore. This is the only way I take the time to record certain points of life.

Perhaps back when many of us journaled in an actual journal, or wrote it on Microsoft Word, we truly wrote it as an historical record. But even then--didn't you journal knowing that you could suddenly die & have it discovered by thousands of curious eyes? (ie, you wrote to an 'audience').

That being said, the short times I spend blogging could be spent exercising, folding laundry, grocery shopping. However, I like to stop and faintly reflect on where I am at & what is going on.

For example, today Lyndon & I met Lindy at Zorba's for a yummy lunch. She just loved holding him & basking in his sweet smiles. I could not help but be the adoring mother, taking in every moment.

I want to remember those moments. I've been told they pass quickly.

Thus, a letter to Lyndon...#4:

Dear Lyndon,

You were so sweet today at lunch with Lindy and during mommmy's sudden need to find flattering clearance-rack clothes at Target. You just smiled, cooed, and slept during a jaunt around town. I know I won't have these moments with you forever, so I try my best to savor it all. Even the moments you start crying because it's time for some milk! But even those moments are sweet: We went to the Target snack bar for a bottle break & I ended up conversing with a woman who showed me pictures of her grandchildren. She was out with an elderly woman via her job with a healthcare non-profit. At first, I was annoyed that she wanted to talk so much. (Toting a baby around opens you up to many unwarranted conversations). However, I soon enjoyed our conversation. There is an unspoken bond between women when it comes to little ones. We are "in the trenches" together.

And we love it. We may get tired. We may have spit-up on our shoulders. We may take bottle breaks.

But we love it.

You make my life so sweet!

Love, Momma

1 comment:

  1. sorry this is so big...i had to copy & paste it and i am just too lazy to fix the font. ;)

    ReplyDelete