Wednesday, June 8, 2011

2 months

Lyndon is two months old today! His little personality gets bigger every day. This week we began an actual 'bedtime' with him and it has made life better for several reasons. For us, we now know that there will be a time each night that we actually have together (Tanner and I, just to clarify). For him, it is wonderful....who'd have thought? He is actually less fussy now because of the routine. He actually has better naps during the day! I think once I got past the hard part--letting him be those first two nights--I learned this routine is better for all 3 of us!

Letter to Lyndon #2:

Dear Lyndon,

Daddy put you to bed at your designated time the first three nights. Mommy just couldn't bear it! I had to go outside & talk on my phone to distract myself from the idea that you may possibly cry & need/want me! However, you only cried a bit one of those nights---the other two you just konked out as if you've been waiting for this!

Tonight I put you to bed. After a bath (in the bath tub now, woohoo!) we had one more feeding & diaper, then off to your room. I prayed with you; your first bedtime prayer. When I opened my eyes, you were just smiling at me with that wide-mouthed grin that I have come to love more than anything in the world. I couldn't help but think you understood my words. You knew God was listening. Then I sang you a song. You were so happy!

You, sweet boy, have brought so much joy to me for two straight months. Ok, even before that, but I am speaking of your post-womb days. ;) Keep growing strong & teaching me what love is. Love always, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment