Thursday, June 30, 2011

This is why journaling is really, really great...

I decided to skim over a computer journal I kept from the years 2003-2008. Wow, there were some great times, then others not-so-great. I am glad I recorded both. Here is part of an entry from 2006. It was in the wake of a lot of spiritual growth that I still credit to helping me onto my path today. I thought it was great to go back & remind myself of these thoughts since their original days:

I sure don’t think I’m perfect. But I also don’t think I’m trash. I think I’m special. Yet I think I’m a single petal on a brilliant flower and am not that great on my own. That is the beauty in belonging to God. We come to Him imperfect and needy, yet He makes us amazing angels of light and truth. We can glorify in that. Yet we can also still see that it’s not a one-stop shop…we don’t just go in for a shiny new paint job. We constantly need repair, rework, reminder, and reapplication. There is beauty in that.

Every day is a new day. I can start over every time the sun rises. This is a good thing. There would be an overwhelming sense of hopelessness if that weren't the case. Now, this is tricky…others may not let you start over. You can wallow in that sense of rejection, resentment and really start disliking yourself. But anyone who is a true friend knows what Grace is. Thank the Lord that He invented it! Anyone in your life that is practicing Grace with you…is doing it to receive Grace as well.


I am thankful that I can revisit these thoughts & still find them to ring true!

No comments:

Post a Comment