Friday, June 10, 2011

Fragments of Friday

This is not a regular series by any means. And technically it's now Saturday. Tan & I had a bit of a dramatic night, but all is good. My mom said she'd watch Lyndon while we attended a musical in Guthrie (I may review it later, too tired now).

Anyway, being the good lil' theater patrons we are, we had our phones off til the end of the show at 11 pm. Only then did we learn that my mom's transformer had blown out--- and with no electricity & AC, it soon become difficult to stay there with a little one. To add to the adventure, my cousins from Austin were in town and stopped by my mom's to meet Lyndon. There were 4 little girls running around with no lights on (fun!).

Eventually, my mom & brother had to make the careful call to swaddle up Lyndon and head to my sister's across town. I won't speculate on the safety of that, and hope my dear readers won't as well. But, like I said the night the tornado sirens went off & I was without carseat---you gotta do what ya gotta do.

So at close to 11:30 I arrived at Amy's to find Lyndon smiling in his sleep, cradled in Ryann's arms. She's 12. She said she held him for an hour & her arm was tired. ;)

Letter to Lyndon #3:

Dear Lyndon,

Tonight Daddy & I got to go on a date. Yes, the dinner portion was Taco Bell due to time constraints, but we took in some theater and enjoyed the quaint little town of Guthrie. (We'll go stroll those streets one day & have a playdate with the Fortneys).

Even tho your Mema's power went out, she took good care of you. Your Uncle Mark, Uncle Phillip, Aunt Amy, and 3 cousins loved getting to spend some time with you! Your cousin Aubrey, who is currently 3 (going on 16) is just enamored with you! She loves to (try) to pinch your cheeks and tell you how cute you are.

You are loved by all of your family, the Hubberts and the Curls, and it is easy to see why. You bring joy to everyone you encounter.

Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment