Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

The day of ones. The day of starting from the very beginning. Happy New Year, people!
Our NYE was quite uneventful as far as "doin' the town, counting down, etc." Tan was sick, and I'm hitting that phase in preggo-ville where sitting/standing one way, particularly in crowds, has zero appeal.

I did, however, really enjoy myself at a little family get together. I didn't realize that so many cousins were going to be in town & it was great to catch up. Little cousin (well, son of my cousin) Levi is 4 and he is hilarious. He wanted to give about 6 of us a speech about "tips for life." The summary was this: don't forget your underwear, don't tee-tee in your pants, don't wear a bracelet on your head. It went on for at least 20 minutes, but those are the finer points I recall.

My bump was in full force so my far-away relatives got a kick outta seeing me so rotund. Many of them won't see me again til after the baby.

Welp, no resolutions from this corner. I mean, I have goals...like cleaning the house & getting a nursery going. But I'm not going to resolve anything. Ok, maybe I will. But I hopefully strive for this every year: Just act out of love. I want to do this as a friend, a wife, a mother (so weird to say that!), a sister, a daughter, a student, a teacher, a neighbor. Yup, that sums it up!

Enjoy your 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment