Sunday, August 16, 2009

I need to get bloggy with it while I can.

Yea, that's right...I am writing TWO blogs today. I just have all this extra time since I haven't started writing papers & reading research journals just yet. But, alas, the first day of UCO is tomorrow and I fear the blogs will be few & far between. I am biting off a HUGE bite of academia this fall, gonna attempt to take three graduate classes while teaching at the high school. I am already prepared....if I start going too crazy & lose too much quality of life, I know which class I will drop. :)

It's just that, dang, even working fervently, I am set to graduate in 2013 and that seems...so...far....away. My program is the longest one you can go through in the psychology department, but I happen to think it's also the best. ;) Did I mention yet that I am very impressed with the profs in that department? Funny story, the chairman of school psychology came out to my Galileo gig a few weeks ago. The same gig that The Stringents & I decided it was 80s night/crimped hair night. I told her that I hope she can still take me seriously as a student. She laughed & stayed til the very last song, so I think I am good. She is truly a cool lady and half the reason that I knew I was choosing the right program to be in.

I am ranting in my blog tonight. I was pumped to try one of the new trendy eateries in Edmond that I'd been eyeing every time I drove home from night class....or Gena's house. ;) Fish City Grill. You tried it? Well, paint the sign over & call it Grease City Grill. Seriously, I had the totally wrong idea in my head as I ordered: fish tacos (yum!) and a side of sauteed spinach.

I've had some GREAT fish tacos in my life....Wahoo's is one of the best chains ever on the west coast. But, dang, these were terrible! It was grease, a mystery sauce, and a little bit of greasy GREASY fish. And I had even ordered it grilled. The "sauteed" spinach looked as if it had sat in a vat of syrup for 7 hours. I couldn't even take more than one bite, and that was hard. Being with my mom, bro, and boyfriend, I really didn't want to be THAT customer. Shoot, I've waited tables & no one likes the "send it back" person. So I didn't. But when she collected our plates & saw that both my items were barely touched....she just chose to remove the spinach off my tab.

"A bit too greasy for me," I said to her, eyes lowered.

"Oh, I should've warned you about the spinach," she giggled.

Hahaha. So funny. YES you should've warned me! If I wanted slippery, slimy green things down my throat I would've gone to the Pacific & picked up some seaweed off the sand.

All four of us thought our food was too greasy. Tanner said his breaded fish didn't even come close to par with Long John's. Really?? And you are in that snazzy little strip mall next to Orange Tree and the fancy boutiques? Not worthy, I say. And, people, I am often forgiving. One bad dish & I will write it off, still to come back for a second try. But when four entrees are bad....I would say our romance is already over.

The final tab was $57....thank you, restaurant.com for taking care of $25 of the tab or I would've felt just out right robbed.

Zagat's, I will check with you next time. I don't know if it's a chain, but if so I equate it to parents who let their children live in roach-infested homes: STOP REPRODUCING!

Ahem, ok, I feel better. My blog is my new therapy. Thank you & hope your next meal is not as "fishy" as mine.

Love, Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I saw that Resturant.com on Gena's blog. I am going to have to try some of those. But I won't be going to Fish City, or Spicy Pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Spicy Pickle is no good either? I was excited to try that one, too. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete