Tuesday, August 18, 2009

peace. happy place.

I knew to expect this, but I am already feeling the stress of this busy week. With teacher meetings from 8:30 to 4:30 everyday, there is little time to get things in order for my first week of grad school. I went to my first two classes last night-- Psychopathology, which I lovingly call Psycho, and Intro to School Psychology. The Psycho professor (ha!) is a brilliant man, I can already tell. After class he asked me if I was a musician, guess he'd caught it in the Gazette. He, too, plays guitar and I can tell I am going to really enjoy what he has to say about the state of the psychology field (which quite frankly is screwed up in SO many ways due to insurance, diagnosis, etc....and he shared a lot of research on this).

Anyway, here it is 5:30 am & I can no longer stay in bed because the mental "to do" list in my head keeps swirling 'round.

The other thing this week is the fact that I don't want to be too worn out for Friday. I will be performing on FOX news 25 on the morning show. I have to arrive at the studio at 7 am, so Thursday night band practice must be cut short. I am truly not one to love being on camera. Yea I know I am an extrovert, but my typical female body image insecurities come surfacing. However, I am determined for that not to stand in the way of me "being myself" and doing a good job in the interview. I am more nervous about the interview than the singing part. In a way, performance is something you can kinda "hide" behind, but a Q & A is off the cuff and intimidating. I will just be promoting the Bricktown Acoustic Festival, so hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to answer the questions!

Ok, gotta get going. Doing. Emailing. Working.

I know I should savor this time in my life when I HAVE the time...Gena, I know you've probably already cooked breakfast, doctored an injured knee, and broken up a toy fight. :) I truly don't know how some of the moms I know at school take classes, hold down jobs, and still be mommys. I do, however, think the mommy part is most important. But that is far off in my future, so I will press on with the tasks at hand.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Lis. I have cooked breakfast, dressed kids, said no to cartoons, shed a few tears over k-garten, and shooed E and Greyson out the door to the hospital. It's a very weird morning. Love you. Hope you survive this week! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, G. Only you & like 2 other people even read this so hope you don't mind the shout out. :) I am currently about to lose it, but my new motto is "roll with it." At the end of the day, nothing is more important than your family. Raegan will be the best little kindergartener ever! I wish I could spy on her there. :) Hey, but my mom can!

    ReplyDelete